Are you looking for a low floor-high ceiling, rich noncurricular math task perfect for kindergarten that will keep your students engaged in the problem-solving process? This task comes with, Google Slides visuals to clarify vocabulary and partner work, recording sheets for their work, and an extension for early finishers!
What's Included in this Rich Math Task?
1 PDF with:
- Link to 4 Google slides for background knowledge and an opportunity to discuss what a productive partnership looks like
- Task Directions
- Original Task and Extension task for early finishers
- Recording Sheets for both levels
How to use this thinking task with your students
1. Make Copies of recording sheets, (double-sided with both levels works best)
2. Present the task with the Google Slides or verbally
3. Watch your students become engaged and continue to solve the task without you!
This task is perfect if you are just beginning to implement the Building Thinking Classrooms Framework with Kindergarteners. Even if you are unfamiliar with the Building Thinking Classrooms Framework, this task is a fantastic way to engage your students in a math task they will love with task instructions for the teacher, Google slides visual supports, and recording sheets!
Learn more about the Building Thinking Classrooms Framework in this video or blog post!